2. Another change is specific to the Immigrant Visas application process. We will be implementing this throughout India starting December 23, 2013.
- All immigrant visa applicants who will have their first interview with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in India on or after December 23, 2013 are required to complete an online immigrant visa application form (DS-260) before they will be allowed to schedule an interview with a consular officer.
- Applicants will need to schedule an appointment and visit one of five Visa Application Centers (VAC) across India up to 14 days prior to their interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate to have finger prints and photographs taken. Applicants should make an appointment at the VAC only after they have scheduled an appointment at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. To ensure prompt processing at the VAC, all applicants should carry their passports and DS-260 confirmation page.
- For the personal interview with a U.S. consular official, the applicant should bring the DS-260 confirmation number, medical reports, police clearance certificates, original and translated versions of civil documents, the petitioner’s financial documents, and photographs that show the relationship between the petitioner and the immigrant visa applicants.
- Applicants who were interviewed before December 23, 2013 and completed the DS-230 should not complete the DS-260 online application.
- For more details on the process, please visit http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html
To find answers to the most common questions about the changed process please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5248.html
For any clarification on the process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org contact our call centre.