The U.S. Embassy New Delhi processes applications for both non-immigrant and immigrant visas to the United States.
Non-immigrant visas are for people visiting the U.S. temporarily for tourism, business, education, medical treatment, or petition-based employment. The type of visa required depends on your purpose of travel.
Immigrant visas are for applicants planning to permanently relocate to the United States.
All visitors desirous of visiting the United States require visas. Before applying, kindly know which type of visa suits your purpose of travel.
The information in this brochure will help you prepare for your trip and ensure that your experience entering the United States is as smooth as possible.
Preparing For Your Trip
- International Visitors Checklist
- Visa Wavier Program Visitors
- Canadian, Mexican, and Caribbean Residents
- Students and Exchange Visitors
- Lawful Permanent Residents
- How do you get a Visa?
Navigating Passenger Processing
- Passenger Processing Checklist.
- CBP Inspection Process
- Baggage Claim
- Connecting Flights
- Transportation Security Administration
- Outbound CBP Inspections
- US-VISIT Exit Procedures
- Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Helpful Web sites
- US-VISIT: Current Ports of Entry
- NEXUS Locations
Welcome to the United States - A Guide to International Visitors